Sunday, May 15, 2011

The things I said I'd never do

I decided to start this blog so that I could have a way to mark important events in my life but mostly my daughters life.  "They grow up so fast" is the cliche thing that I thought I would never say but turns out is very true. Right now, Delaney is sitting on the floor next to me playing. Sitting on her own is something she just learned to do this last week.  
Delaney sitting for the first time
It is unbelievable to me, how in just short of six months my entire life has been turned upside down. In everything I do, Delaney is always in the back of my mind.  Which is why I named my blog "The things I said I'd never do" simply because this is the motto of my life right now. I could make an entire list of things I use to say "I'd never do/say". There have been a couple of things that I have stayed consistent on but with most I have done an about face. 
How could you leave this face?
For example, I said "Ill never be a stay at home mom" but here I am wishing I was and Im only working three days a week. 

I distinctly remember going to a Mother's Day lunch at my church when I was a senior in high school and the speaker telling the story about how she wasn't really a "baby person" until she had her own and the minute she laid eyes on her son it was over. My mother told me that would be me and she would bet on it. Of course, I rolled my eyes and probably said something sarcastic.... 

Too bad she was right. I am now the exact person I said I'd never be and that's OK.

1 comment:

  1. i'm so proud of you, best friend. you are a wonderful mom (no matter what you said before :)). you have always been a strong, loving, thoughtful, honest, kind person in my life...and, that's pretty much what you need for motherhood, right?!?! lashes-always.
    colean

    ReplyDelete