Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Good, The Bad, and The Teething

For most people having a baby means a lot of tears (for both you and baby) and sleepless nights. However,   my little Birdie has been such a perfect baby. Since she was born Delaney has slept almost all night long since two weeks old, hardly cried, and so snuggly sweet.  Which has been great for me since I had NO previous baby experience.
My favorite passtime
This past week however, someone replaced my perfect baby with a nightmare. Sunday she did nothing but cry, fuss, and squirm. You feel bad because theres really nothing you can do. I tried everything anyone has  EVER suggested with no luck.  She woke me up about every two hours that night and I thought to myself "this is what people with real babies must feel like." Daniel also left for New York the next day so I was all on my own to tame the beast from Monday to Thursday.

The good:
  • Delaney says "Mama". At first it was more babbling, but now she reaches her arms up and says mama. I know its not a legit word like "kitty" or "nice" which was my first word but it is amazing.
  • Rides in her stroller without the carseat. Now that she can sit on her own she gets very bored being confined to the stroller in the carseat. 

Big girl seat
  • Sits in a shopping cart without carseat.  This is huge for me. Delaney+carseat= about 30lbs to lug around and after awhile it is exhausting. Her first trip went over well for the first half an hour but I think she got tired and couldnt sleep like she can in the carseat. Better for shorter trips than grocery shopping.

  • We borrowed my niece Lily's  jumper and Delaney is crazy for it.  It was Lily's favorite toy and provides entertainment for a good chunk of time.
The Bad:
  • Delaney gives some pretty dirty looks.  Especially if you are a stranger or giving her green beans.
  • She is being super clingy and cries if you leave the room.
  • Not a fan of her crib. I am an idiot and let her sleep in her bassinet until about a week ago and now I have a feeling it will be a hard transition.
Its a good thing she is so cute.

1 comment:

  1. I'm not just saying this because I know you and love you...but Delaney is the CUTEST female baby everrrr. She is so beautiful! Gavin has first dibs...

    ReplyDelete