Saturday, June 4, 2011

The new stuff

Ive been doing a really poor job at keeping up with my blog. I really had this grand idea that I would keep up pretty much everyday and have every moment of Delaney's life documented for her to see later in life much like Dear Sophie Lee. But Im thinking thats not going to happen.  My blogging might be lacking but pictures Im doing exceedingly well.  Pictures are easy to take when everything your daughter does is adorable.
Now that Delaney can sit on her own, she is starting the early signs of crawling. It is a bittersweet moment. Im glad that she is growing and thriving but I want her to stay my little girl. I feel like she was just this tiny baby a moment  ago.

I know it is a natural progression I am just not ready for it. Once she becomes mobile, its over. All of my "pretties" are going to have to put up.  She is just so easy right now. All I have to do to keep her entertained is plop her down and give her some toys.  Soon that will not be enough.
Some other new things:

  • Giggling and this makes my heart swoon. She thinks Im hilarious. Recently, Beauty and the Beast came on the Disney Channel and I know every word of it. As I am singing and mocking all of the characters, Delaney is squealing in delight. I guess this annoying "gift" finally has a purpose.
  • Growling. Sounds weird but she does it. 
  • Being a Mama's girl. I walk out of the room and she gets upset. I know this is normal at six months and I want it to stop but I secretly kinda like it.
  • "Hugging". I know its not a true hug but it is darn close and I love it.
  • Picking up her pacifier and putting it in her mouth.
  • Recognizing people
Its the small things that she does, that amaze me everyday.


No comments:

Post a Comment